How Many??

This morning I saw, for the first time, all Ruby's babies stretched out in their nest.  They are now getting to look beautiful rather than cartoonish.  Markings are just like Mums but I've heard the Rex fur doesn't come through if they're cross bred so I'm expecting a curious mixture!  Their little eyes are now open too, ahhhhh. Today I could count them for the first time too, we have 8!!!  Yes 8!! Ruby's is doing so well for a first time mum, I'm really proud of her.



Last night the boys had their annual inspection at St John's.  Jack was given an cup for putting the most in of all the cadets (ie most duties, most helpful etc etc).  I'm very proud of him and his little cup has pride of place on our dresser.  Today they have gone off to Peco on duty leaving me spring cleaning and cleaning out rabbits.  One of the adult rabbits (R.J.) took umbrage to me today and took a sizeable chunk out of my knuckle!

A couple of days ago Sam was the cause of mayhem and disaster!  The stupid mutt completely forgot he was on the end of his long lead and bolted off at 40 mph!  I found out first hand how everything had an equal and opposite reaction when 30 kilos of racing dog reached the end of his lead length and I got catapulted head first through the air and onto the ground. OUCH!! (Have you finished laughing yet?).  Luckily I got away with a bit of a shiner, a cut face where my glasses broke and a few minor bumps and bruises.  Next time I'll try and remember to let go of the ruddy lead!

The boys have been working on their projects this week so haven't done any 'busy work' for the LA.  Max is forging away at the Romans and Jack still doing his project on veterinary nursing and animal care.  Jack wants so much to go to college to do veterinary nursing but at the moment the local college's future is hanging in the balance so we are unsure how that will work out.

The polls gave us another chance for education this week.  Hung Parliament is something that had never before been discussed but now all three of us are totally able to converse at length at what it is and what it could mean for the country.  Jack had read an article about how democracy cannot mathematically be fair in this month's New Scientist so was able to answer our initial wonderings, the rest we gleaned from online and newspapers (The Telegraph had a pretty good explanation I found). I wonder if they are also covering it at schools or if it just gets lost amid the national curriculum?  I must remember to write it all down for the LA who are insisting I keep a dated diary.  I'm sure their remit doesn't got that far (yet?) but hey it's good for me to know too so I'm going along with it for now...

So... This morning I am trying to get on with the spring cleaning.  The cleaner I believed I had hired doesn't seem to have come to anything so its back to busy busy busy for me.  Sometimes I wish I had the OCD for cleaning because at least them I'd have a tidy house!  I saw the oven cleaner where you put the oven shelves in a bag at the supermarket this week and finally decided to give it a go.  I cannot imagine it will be much good but it would be good if I'm wrong! I've taken a before picture of my embarrassingly dirty shelves so I'll  be able to have a really objective view in 6 hours time!  I cannot believe it takes 6 hours but if it works it will be worth it - just have to make sure none of the pets or the kids touch it as its apparently really corrosive...

update:
Before                                                                           After


I guess you could say that was a success then!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very impressed by the oven cleaner have bought some!!

lots of baby bunnies - very cute.

I hope your brusies have faded! ouch!!

good to see you here :0)

Lima said...

It was brill!

Totally recommend the use of long arm rubber gloves when doing the oven though...

Lx

Anonymous said...

did it - oven very clean!! Amazed! ;0)

Lima said...

I was amazed too, really didn't expect it to work tbh. Glad it did though as it was sooooo much easier than scrubbing and scraping, lol!