Back to normal...

Well the schools went back today which meant I had to be on my toes this morning and up and out of bed at stupid o'clock to start work at 7.30.

Got back from the school run to find the boys had got all their books etc out and were sitting nicely working away.  This is rare and I was so pleased with them. They're currently using the Galore Park books for KS3 which seem to work very well for them - thank goodness you can also buy answer books which mean they do very well for me too, lol!

I had a friend pop over during the morning so had some adult company for an hour whilst the munchkins had little friends for company, always a good combination.  Not so good for the boys having to work with 5 little munchkins making a racket but they coped and survived so all is well.  I keep reminding myself it would be far worse in a class full of teenagers...

I went to a toddler group in the afternoon and came home to find the boys had a quick tidy up for me!  No idea what's going on here but I like it!  I'm seriously thinking about employing a cleaner as its so hard to find time to do everything but it means I will be working just to pay her (or him) which seems a bit futile.  Maybe I will try a bit harder to do more in the evenings instead of collapsing in a heap in front of a heap of paperwork.

Spent the early art of the evening worrying myself sick as the area near where my oldest son lives is on fire (very badly, needing 16 fire crews) and I couldn't get hold of him on the phone.  No matter how old they are you never seem to stop worrying about them!  So relieved to finally talk with him and find he was ok and well away from the fire...

Just got to feed/water the rabbits now and then it's movie time.  We're finally catching up with the world and watching New Moon tonight.

Ah yes I must get the courgette seedlings in too...

0 comments: