The sun has got his hat on

and the boys are out to play...

Not literally, but they've gone out with their dad for the day and are enjoying this fab weather.  :)

Meanwhile, I'm stuck indoors doing all the mundane things that need doing such as cleaning and tidying, washing and ironing - did I say ironing?  I jest, washing and drying it should have been ;)I cannot remember the last time I ironed something, one of the bonus points of not having a school uniform methinks...

I also have to put the finishing touches on the boys bedroom.  Jack has very kindly helped me put together heaps of flat pack furniture and made high sleeper beds with me - not an easy task I'll have you know, although these which we bought from Next are much better than the old ones which came from Argos, they have decent instructions and shock horror the parts actually fit together properly!!!  During this task, he has of course learnt to paint, read instructions (never a bad thing for a male person!), work as part of a team, get shouted at (and apologised to) by 'the boss' and let it roll off his back and have a sense of pride in his achievements.  And all the while he just thought he was helping his Mum do his bedroom, gotta love HE!

I also have to take Sam (our Lab) out for a run at some point.  Lots of learning going on there too, but mainly by me trying not to trip over him!

Think I'd better get off the 'puter and get something done! Coffee break is over...

2 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Hurray, I've found you :) I'm looking forward to reading your blog again :) xxx

Lima said...

Hiya! Good to have you here :)