To Blog or Not to Blog - That is the question...

Ok so a few years ago I was an avid blogger. I couldn't do anything in my life without blogging about it. It was almost as if I was trying to gain acceptance in the HE world.

I went through stages of feeling totally inadequate and trying to live up to everybody else's home schooling experiences to thinking 'ok, now we're doing it right' cos we were keeping up with everybody else - turns out we weren't doing it right for us but that's a whole other story!

We're: Jack, whose 14 into gaming in a big way and who spends most of his free time on various social websites chatting to his mates - about gaming - pretty much a normal teenage boy I think; Max whose equally into gaming but tends to be much more specific as is his way, at the moment he's really into Star Wars on the Wii. Max likes doing things over and over again and will happily sit and watch a movie five or six time in a week... Then there's me! I'm a single mum who works full time (from home) to provide for my family and who is not into gaming at all - I seem to have lost the ability to sit still and do anything. We also do lots of interesting, nature loving, physical and scientific, investigating and learning as I'm sure will become apparent throughout the life of this blog.

The boys have been homeschooled pretty much since they left infant school. They have been back to school during that time but it wasn't for us as a family. That doesn't mean to say I'd rule it out in the future if it was the right thing to do but at the moment could not imagine them going back to school.

The blog is primarily for me to continue to record my children's journey to adulthood on. My old blog is now private and will remain so. It was very nice looking through it and seeing the way our family bloomed and grew despite the difficulties we faced but I feel it is 'our' scrapbook on life now and not to be shared with the world. You are welcome to tag along with us and even pop in and say hi from time to time if you are friendly. Spam and abusive comments will not be shown so please don't waste your time or mine.

And so we begin again...

0 comments: