Chatting Like We Used to Do

Okay, so yesterdays post was a bit of a bummer but I'm leaving it there because it's how I truly felt right at that moment.  I am scared.  I am a lone parent so the buck stops with me.  If I get wrong footed that's it, that's my kids' futures messed up and it's all down to me.  In 2 years time Jack is at school leaving age and it scares me silly that if I get this next two years wrong I've wrecked things for him. I can understand why so many people choose school, there is such a huge responsibility when you choose to educate your child yourself and I think it's only just dawned on me quite how huge. 

Add into the equation two teenage boys who quite frankly don't give a monkeys and we're in a bit of a bad place...

Anyway, out of yesterdays bit of free speaking on my part came good.  Both boys read my heartfelt words and I think it made them think a bit.  It also made me think a bit.  Jack and I had a really good chat this morning whilst sitting on a gorgeously sandy beach in the sunshine (like you do).  We talked like we used to do and it was really good.  I'm hoping we've sorted stuff out a little bit but can only wait and see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure If I've commented...
I'm pleased that some good has come out out of this. Its very hard with teens and home ed. Lots of empathy.

Amanda. xx

Lima said...

oh yes, well it only lasted one day so that was short lived...
I phoned the local 'outstanding' school yesterday to see if they have any places, they didn't. Cannot say I'm surprised.

I'm wishing I was the sort of home edder that could just 'trust the process' and let them get on with it but I'm not cos I worry about their future far too much...

Classroomfree said...

Thinking of you here, hope things are going better since that posting....hugs xxx