Playing catch up

I cannot believe that I haven't been blogging again for five minutes and I'm already paying catch up!

I never seem to have enough time to do everything - and then find myself taking something more on...

Last week, we had a couple of fabulous days out, Thursday we went to Crealy and the boys ran wild with one of their friends whilst I entertained the little ones.  Apparently the new water rides are fun but I didn't get to go on them (or anything else) because I was working.  We'll go back another day and I'll give them a try...  On Friday Max and I took the LOs to Lyme beach and had a truly lovely day without spending a fortune (once I'd gotten over the fact that he'd come out in filthy clothes and bought a new T shirt and new flip flops for him!)  There were some serious digging competitions going on with holes dug as far down as children could actually reach and absolutely no fuss when for safety's sake they had to be filled in again...

Jack and Max spent the weekend days at River Cottage HQ.  Jack really idolises HFW and can often be found glancing through one of his cook books looking for something to make.  Sometimes he even goes as far as to actually make something. If only I could get him to clean up the kitchen after himself...

Today and yesterday both boys have apparently been poorly, too poorly to get on with any work,  They had the whole of half term off after I said they couldn't because they were behind with their work, had most of the week before half term off cos they just skived and now seem to be just totally ignoring me when I tell them they have to get on with their school work.  In fact if I'm honest they've skived most of the bloody year.  They have nearly pushed me far enough and I'm seriously reconsidering school as an option.  The way they are going they will have no futures and I really don't want that for them.  It's all very well saying that can catch up with college as adults but the reality is they probably wont bother, just like their older brothers didn't bother.  I know I shouldn't let it worry me if their lot in life is serving up burgers, after all it's their own choice to slack off, but it does.  I know that everybody will blame me, including the boys themselves, they won't stop to think the kids had a choice, they won't think of all the hard work I've put in and all the money I've spent getting them lessons and courses for this and that which they've just thrown back in my face and not bothered to practice or do any of the work, people will just say it's my fault cos I chose to take them out of school.  Maybe it is...

2 comments:

Joxy34 said...

((((hugs))))

There is still time for them to pull their boot straps up, hun.

And equally, sometimes a school environment is what some kids need. If you do decide to give school a whirl - you haven't failed... education is not about winning or failing, its about learning.. and who knows your boys might have learned some invaluable lessons about themselves.. and just not realised it yet.

Anonymous said...

going through the same here... some days are good, some are really awful! Its very scarey I don't know what the answer is but fwiw you are not alone!!!!