Hmm best not to rely on me in an emergency then...

I've spent the day today doing a first aid course.  :)

The trainers were fab and made everything fun and interesting - much better than when I did my paediatric first aid course.  We seemed to cover so much I don't know how I'm going to remember it all!

At the end of the day who do you think got something wrong in every category?  Yep, me! *blushes*  I forgot to yell for help, forgot to lay my casualty down (who was bleeding everywhere so risk of shock)  and forgot to do the secondary assessment on the unconscious casualty. In my defence I was getting pretty tired after 6 hours of having first aid drilled into me and knowing it's all not real made me that little bit less sharp perhaps.   Even so it's probably best not to rely on me in an emergency...

Got home and Jack quizzed me from the first aid book - By some miracle I managed to get it all right (so why on earth could I not get it right on the course? ).  Max very kindly lent me his arm, wrist etc to practice bandaging _ something I'm actually pretty darned good at after having sons! - and do slings, something I needed a LOT of practise with, lol!

Lets hope that I pass the assessment tomorrow...

***EDITED TO ADD***  Passed with flying colours, remembered everything I forgot yesterday and did everything right except one minor detail - next time I need to phone an ambulance it may be a damn good idea to know where I actually am!  ROFL!!

0 comments: